Friday, January 26, 2007

Do i know the real India?

Today is 26th of January '07, the 58th year of republic. Its been some time that I have been thinking about the nation, meaning I have become patriotic a bit. The India Poised campaign by the TOI seems so catch my attention everytime and makes me feel interested. I downloaded the videos and even sent them to many friends and have even been reading articles ever since the campaign was launched. Really good articles if you are interested.
Its been some days that we have been working almost the entire day for the fest preparations and yesterday I realized that apart from getting experience of working with the faculty and management there are a couple more completely different things that I have realized. Though both have no relation between them but both are a result of spending time with Pandey sir.
Sometime ago I had written an article on him what I write today is also because of him. The two things I was talking about have a deep significance. First thing is that I have started getting a feeling that I do not know India. I dont know the culture, the people and many things about our country that we should know. I have no knowledge of the different tribes in India, their culture and everything about them. Earlier when I went to sir with Gurpreet, Dhiraj or Gaurav sir and he talked of the villages and other rural people I was never ashamed of myself but now when I go with Shashank and he starts the same talks, Shashank gets involved in talks with him and I am a mere spectator or a good listener only. It has been getting in my mind that I don't my own nation!! Is that my fault? A bit yes and a bit no. No, because I have never been to villages or had any family connection with them. Yes, because I feel I was never even interested in listening to people who have been from such places. Anyways whatever has happened is past but I wish to learn all about India from now, rural or urban. Hope I succeed..
The other thing I felt is that staying in a place like RKGIT has made me feel complacent about myself. I feel that I am doing enough!!! But whenever I meet Pandey sir I always feel there's so much to do. So much to learn, so much to study, so much to explore and last but the most important what have I been for myself? I have many plans when I have money but am I doing anything that will make my resources so strong that I face no hurdles while executing my plans?? At present my answer is no but the thought is getting into me and sooner or later I have to start. As is said "well begun is half done" and "It's good to start early". Hope I succeed in that too. Amen!

No comments: